BSC AGM - Monday 25th June 2018
AGM Minutes 2018
Present: Gordon Barnes, Caroline Evans, April Owens, Belinda Burns, Alison Conway, Vicky Lack,
- Apologies: Graeme Keen, George Hall
- Chairman’s Report – see separate report
- Treasurer’s Report and Accounts – on request. Surplus this year +£12k but expected to go down due to installation of new club software
- Election of Independent Examiner – agreed by BSC Committee
- Election of Executive Officers – voted in unopposed
- Chairman – Gordon Barnes
- Vice Chairman – George Hall
- Treasurer – Caroline Evans
- Secretary – April Owens
- Election of other committee members – voted in unopposed
- Swim England Registrations Officer – Vicky Lack
- Communications Officer – position vacant
- Local Community Officer – position vacant
- Membership Secretary – post being covered by April Owens
- Volunteer Development Officer – Lucy Gradillas
- Committee thanked Graeme Keen for his work as Vice Chair for the last 3 years
- Committee seconded the Competitions Secretary onto the committee for the next year
- The current committee positions don’t accurately reflect the required positions. Resolution to be proposed to amend at next year’s AGM
- Committee agreed to change focus from Swim Manager to Team Unify as the club management software provider due to lack of proactivity by Swim Manager
Invitation to Annual General Meeting of Barnes SC
All members and swimmers over 16 years old are invited to the Annual General Meeting of Barnes Swimming Club at 7:00 pm on Monday 25th June 2018 in the Sports Hall at St Paul's School. AGENDA
As the club is run by a small group of volunteers we are looking for new committee members to help. It would be great to have people from all squads and areas of the club represented. We are particularly looking for a masters representative as Graeme Keen is stepping down. A big thanks to Graeme for his contribution to the club over the last 3 years. Please note that any nominations for BSC Committee positions must be received in writing by the Club Secretary on or before Sunday 27th May 2018. Each nomination must be signed by the nominee to say that they agree to stand for the position and must be proposed and seconded. If you are interested in standing and want to know more please talk to April or Gordon. NOMINATION FORM
Any proposed resolutions must also be received in writing by the Club Secretary on or before Sunday 27th May 2018. They may be handed to April or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. These resolutions should also be proposed and seconded.
You will have to be a member of the Club and Swim England in order to vote at the AGM. All swimmers aged 16 years or older are automatically members of the Club and the Swim England and are therefore entitled to vote.
We would really like as many parents to be involved as possible, however, parents are not automatically members. Those of you who would like to vote at the AGM on behalf of their children and who are not already members need to:
- Complete a Club Membership Application form (Please click to get a membership form) ideally by 18th June. (Completed Club Membership forms may be left in the black plastic wallet on the club noticeboard or given to committee members). Membership forms will be available to fill in on the day too although we would prefer that they are completed by the 18th June if possible
- Our Swim England Registrations officer will use your membership form to register you with Swim England.
I look forward to seeing you at the AGM.